Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

Charlie, I think most novels are under $10, even in Canada, whenever there is a price, they give the Canadian price and it's just a couple of dollars more...Maybe I am wrong, I have never been to Canada...

I think things in Canada are very much cheaper. 5 dollars US for a bowl of salad in Florida?! Here we get a bowl of salad and a soft drink for 4 dollars cnd.

anyways I've seem pretty pricy books in the book stores, even kids books range from 7-15 dollars, and these are small paper backs.

I read Animal Farm freshman year I think. I wasn't all that thrilled by it, but it's creative in a way. I'm reading Last of The Mohicians right now, I haven't read that much of it though and I stopped reading it while I was on vacation. I haven't read anything all that good since I've posted last, either

Read Tess + The Highlander a few days ago, it's a teen romance book. I was craving some romance so I decided to read it.
It was cute and a quick read, not too bad of a story, but parts of it were pretty predictable. The first part of the story seemed so different from the first, I guess you could consider it a little of coming- of-age. It bothered me that no one had a Scottish accent, the whole reason I bought the book was because it was about Scotland, and I just love Scottish men, and him not having an accent in the book made him seem less Scottish. (what I mean is the author didn't write how they pronounce words..it seems picky but it annoyed me!) There was hardly any use of gaelic words in the book, too, which annoyed me a little...but since it was a teen book I guess I can't complain too much. Most teens don't even know what Celtic means. Shocked

I'm reading My Sister the Moon now. It's about ancient inuit people. It's depressing because so many terrible things happen to the women characters, but still interesting because you learn about their culture, and all the characters are pretty vivid. Its the 2nd on a series, the first one seemed more depressing though.

I am currently reading, "CHINESE GUNG FU - The Philosophical Art of SELF-DEFENSE" by Bruce Lee, and, "Dynamic AIKIDO" by Gozo Shioda.

Not much dialog, but the action scenes are excellent!

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phanaholic

I just finished the sequel to My Sister yesterday...yay it had a happy ending!!! I seriously would have hunted down the author and made her rewrite the book if the main character, Kiin, would have had to leave again. Ok, maybe not hunt her down..emailing her would work, haha. I also finished a book of poetry by Alice walker I bought on impulse. They were more like little quotes, but a lot of them were neat and I wrote them down. I'm in the middle of The Book of Splendor and The Last of The Mohicans, too.

AmAznComic

im reading the good earth now

any comments about the book

i think they made a movie on the book "The Polar Express" perhaphs ill invest in that book and watch the movie once it comes to dvd

Capoeira - A Brazilian Art Form, Bira Almeida
The Diamond that Cuts Through Illusion - Thich Nhat Hanh
The 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene

I don't know why I pick up 2-4 books at a time... I hardly ever get the time to read them. Sad
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Muramasa wrote:
Capoeira - A Brazilian Art Form, Bira Almeida
The Diamond that Cuts Through Illusion - Thich Nhat Hanh
The 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene

I don't know why I pick up 2-4 books at a time... I hardly ever get the time to read them. Sad

Thich Nhat Hanh sounds Vietnamese. Got a reletive named Hanh

The Good Earth is a great book, I read the whole series!

Pauly SHore's sister, Sandi SHore...not kidding, wrote a book on creating your own standup set. I recommend it for anyone planning to try standup.
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

Pauly Shore's mother, Mitzi owns the Comedy Store chain.

I've just finished reading Jay Mohr's new book "Grasping for Airtime". Once your finished with it you'll have a whole new respect for Jay Mohr. That guy really went through some hard times.

I also went to a book signing of his and got his autograph inside it.
View user's profileFind all posts by invisiblemanSend private messageSend e-mail
AmAznComic
AmAznComic

anyone read Catch-22

invisibleman wrote:
I've just finished reading Jay Mohr's new book "Grasping for Airtime". Once your finished with it you'll have a whole new respect for Jay Mohr. That guy really went through some hard times.

I also went to a book signing of his and got his autograph inside it.

I totally agree. But I liked him even before I read it...so...who am I to say... Very Happy

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Read anything good lately?