Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Nice Show!
Dat Fan Newbie

:smile: Dat's Comedy central special was great. All of his stuff was great, some stuff made me laugh so hard i forgot what the hell i started laughing at. The only thing that downgraded the show a little bit is the fact he used too much vietnamese material. Don't get me wrong i loved every second of it but i think he can do without the peticure stuff. Anyways, awsome set and I was glad to see you do your thing again.
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Show was good...lots of stuff I've heard before but great in any event.

At the end of the show he took off his shirt and laid down under a massive desk....that was HILARIOUS!

Awesome job Dat....you rock!

Gina wrote:
Show was good...lots of stuff I've heard before but great in any event.

At the end of the show he took off his shirt and laid down under a massive desk....that was HILARIOUS!

Awesome job Dat....you rock!
Yeah that was so funny. And about Dat's vietmanese material, I believe Dat has been trying to write new material about many different cultures instead of just Vietmanese which is so hilarious since that's Dat's culture and usually a comic is best in writing about what they have the most knowledge of.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Fan

it was a good show but it didnt make me laf as much because he used the same jokes over and over as he did on last comic standing i hope he makes up new whopper real soon.

loved it... haha dat's new home on the stage.

The Internet King

HaxaNguyen wrote:
it was a good show but it didnt make me laf as much because he used the same jokes over and over as he did on last comic standing i hope he makes up new whopper real soon.
At least he did a little bit of new material. You should hear some new material as Dat does new shows, like on tough crowd. On tough crowd he used totally new material he had never done before.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Fan Newbie

Yea, see i hope to watch Dat Phan on his "tour" so i can see his new stuff. So how much new stuff does he have on the road?
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

SmallAZNkid wrote:
Yea, see i hope to watch Dat Phan on his "tour" so i can see his new stuff. So how much new stuff does he have on the road?

I just saw him this month and he threw in some new stuff and used some stuff I had heard already before.

More new stuff is on the way...patience my friends..

I think he's probably already written a whole bunch of new stuff but he's got to test it out to make sure it's really funny. Remember, Dat keeps records and only does the funniest of the funniest material he has.
Dat Phanaholic

I would rather hear less funny new material than the same old material even if it is ultra funny..
View user's profileFind all posts by VuongSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Dat Phanaholic

I don't know, I'm kind of caught in the middle.
I also would like to hear some newer material, but it's not like the old stuff still doesn't knock me on the floor!

I think he's coasting a bit, but it doesn't make me appreciate it any less, you know?

yoink78 wrote:
I think he's probably already written a whole bunch of new stuff but he's got to test it out to make sure it's really funny. Remember, Dat keeps records and only does the funniest of the funniest material he has.

Seriously? The funniest of the funniest? I guess he has no where but to go up then, huh?

I just don't get it. Can someone hypnotize me into your cult?

spooky mcgees beyotch wrote:
yoink78 wrote:

Seriously? The funniest of the funniest? I guess he has no where but to go up then, huh?

I just don't get it. Can someone hypnotize me into your cult?

hey pal, gimme ur address and i'll come over, i'll use a coin tied to a string and shove it into ur ears where it will reach ur brain. from there i will pull as hard as i can and all of the ear gunk will come flying out. how does this help u? IT DOESNT! how does ur stupid comments help us? IT DOESNT! so what doesnt this tell u? o btw clearing out ur ear gunk might give ur brain some air

i luv dat phan

and eddie, and gina, and volant, and charlie, and liem, and jenny, and gina, and yoinky too

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

phatfannaodanna wrote:
I also would like to hear some newer material, but it's not like the old stuff still doesn't knock me on the floor!

I think he's coasting a bit, but it doesn't make me appreciate it any less, you know?

For those that don't know... Dat burned his material on Last Comic Standing-- Challenged the most and performed the most during the show out of all the comics in the house. After LCS, he went on to do many talk shows and then a month later he filmed the Comedy Central Presents show.

Essentially, he had no time to write new material between doing endless amounts of talk shows, interviews and touring.

Dat Phan only started reworking jokes toward the end of last year. He is only now currently writing brand spankin' new material--and for some of you that are wondering, his mom and Vietnam have nothing to do with it.

He is still very busy touring, but now also has time to do film and tv in Hollywood... During his time off, he comes to San Diego to try out new stuff. I like a lot of his new stuff, but I can't share any with you yet.

The Internet King

Eddie wrote:
phatfannaodanna wrote:

For those that don't know... Dat burned his material on Last Comic Standing-- Challenged the most and performed the most during the show out of all the comics in the house. After LCS, he went on to do many talk shows and then a month later he filmed the Comedy Central Presents show.

Essentially, he had no time to write new material between doing endless amounts of talk shows, interviews and touring.

Dat Phan only started reworking jokes toward the end of last year. He is only now currently writing brand spankin' new material--and for some of you that are wondering, his mom and Vietnam have nothing to do with it.

He is still very busy touring, but now also has time to do film and tv in Hollywood... During his time off, he comes to San Diego to try out new stuff. I like a lot of his new stuff, but I can't share any with you yet.
Oh, I can't wait to hear it! I wonder what show Dat will be on next.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

i really enjoied the proformance, it was hilarious!

Damn, it aired right in the middle of my transition back to college after winter break. Anyone know if/when comedy central will be reairing it? I don't have time to watch TV regularly here so I can't depend on commercials. Sorry if this info is already somewhere.
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Boiler Bro Joe wrote:
Damn, it aired right in the middle of my transition back to college after winter break. Anyone know if/when comedy central will be reairing it? I don't have time to watch TV regularly here so I can't depend on commercials. Sorry if this info is already somewhere.

I taped it. If you'd like a copy, PM me.

It's a great show, I listen to it all the time. The voices are great, he is really talented with voice acting and his impersonations.

Nice Show!