Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
important info on dat phan!
Dat Fan

I think dat phan is a very funny person, i even voted for him on the show. A few weeks ago i went to see him perform in person. it was very exciting to see him but the show was a disapointment. he used the same jokes on last comic standing and on other different tv shows. the jokes aren't as funny cause u already know the punchline. I hope he comes up wit new materials or else people r gonna get tired of him. i dont want people to think im coming down on him, i realy do want dat to make big. he just have to step his game up!
Re: important info on dat phan!
Dat Phantastic!

freestyles wrote:
I think dat phan is a very funny person, i even voted for him on the show. A few weeks ago i went to see him perform in person. it was very exciting to see him but the show was a disapointment. he used the same jokes on last comic standing and on other different tv shows. the jokes aren't as funny cause u already know the punchline. I hope he comes up wit new materials or else people r gonna get tired of him. i dont want people to think im coming down on him, i realy do want dat to make big. he just have to step his game up!

Dat was here yesterday to say that he is working on some brand new material. I'm sure it will be totally fresh and nothing like the old stuff so just hang tight, Freestyles

Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

the thing is, i dont think dat should even be doing more shows until he's got some hot stuff set up. i think he's only doing it to get some popularity, and fame. the thing is, if he repeats the same jokes over, people wont come to his shows anymore, that means even if he does get some new stuff going after people get bored of him, nobody will be there to see him. im not against dat , but he does need a new game plan. i personally would rather see him once in a long time with new good stuff rather than lots of times with the same material. think of it as a song.

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
the thing is, i dont think dat should even be doing more shows until he's got some hot stuff set up. i think he's only doing it to get some popularity, and fame. the thing is, if he repeats the same jokes over, people wont come to his shows anymore, that means even if he does get some new stuff going after people get bored of him, nobody will be there to see him. im not against dat , but he does need a new game plan. i personally would rather see him once in a long time with new good stuff rather than lots of times with the same material. think of it as a song.
Yeah, but Charlie, he has to make a living. I'm sure he wishes he could sit down and not go on stage until he has completely new stuff, but he has to make enough money to live. Food and shelter comes before fame and fortune.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

yoink78 wrote:
Viet_Huy wrote:
Yeah, but Charlie, he has to make a living. I'm sure he wishes he could sit down and not go on stage until he has completely new stuff, but he has to make enough money to live. Food and shelter comes before fame and fortune.

Amen, brother!

Gina rocks!

Well put Yoinkles. Could not have said it better.

Gina wrote:
Well put Yoinkles. Could not have said it better.

Yoinklemeister rules the school!

Dat Fan

I over heard dat telling someone @ the club he came up with 15min of new materials. i hope it comes out soon!
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

yoink78 wrote:
Viet_Huy wrote:

true but if this keeps up, it wont become much of a living anymore but a hobby. maybe i would suggest he stop for a while, get a temporary job, and than come back when he's got a new act? If u were to be singer, just starting out, n u sang the same song, than another beginner would take over u. it's like what brittney spears is trying to do. strategic retreat? come back and knock our socks off when we least expect it, if not i dont think CH and that other group will ever stop bashing

Shocked wow, some of you guys are a bit hard on him. but, it's your opinion.

Delicious Monster

Charlie,
What you don't seem to understand is that if Dat backs off now, even for a short time, everyone will forget about him. He is trying not to become a flash in the pan. In Hollywood, you have to keep yourself in the public's eye until you make a big name for yourself, otherwise you will never make it.
Remeber that the act that everyone sees was nearly 8 years in the making. Dat was in clubs, coffee houses, homeless shelters, company parties, kareoke bars, churches... anywhere with a microphone testing new jokes. He wrote in the car, at work, in the shower...for a long time to get what he's got. Now we are asking him to come up with another hour of material in just a couple of months?
I agree that he needs to come up with new material, but he has a lot on his plate, and if I know Dat, he's missing out on his naps to try and build a newer, better act to entertain you. Give him time, Dat didn't come this far to back off now.

Charlie,

Who slipped a negative Mickey in your milk today? Geez. Easy, boy! Smile

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Fan

Ginamonster made a good point that if he backs off now he might never get another chance. Dat's a hard worker u can tell by watching the show. u wanna know whats mess up? when dat was in sacramento 3 weeks ago he told me he was trying to get on some radio shows so he can promoute himself. but the radio stations wouldnt let him on because they were still favoring raphly.
Diva

you in sacto freestlyes? i grew up there

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Ginamonster wrote:
Charlie,
What you don't seem to understand is that if Dat backs off now, even for a short time, everyone will forget about him. He is trying not to become a flash in the pan. In Hollywood, you have to keep yourself in the public's eye until you make a big name for yourself, otherwise you will never make it.
Remeber that the act that everyone sees was nearly 8 years in the making. Dat was in clubs, coffee houses, homeless shelters, company parties, kareoke bars, churches... anywhere with a microphone testing new jokes. He wrote in the car, at work, in the shower...for a long time to get what he's got. Now we are asking him to come up with another hour of material in just a couple of months?
I agree that he needs to come up with new material, but he has a lot on his plate, and if I know Dat, he's missing out on his naps to try and build a newer, better act to entertain you. Give him time, Dat didn't come this far to back off now.

im not against dat! geez, im just saying, he's not really going anywhere, but staying in the same spot. like gina said, he is trying very very hard to get some new material, but constant work work work doesnt help either, he needs some time away to refresh his mind. i am a fan of dat, but the media isnt focussing on dat anymore as much as they use to, i think because he's gettin old. what he needs is a weekend(2 days) vacation somewhere. there he can enjoy life a bit, and in the process get some new jokes from the vacation, and sure tnhey wont be genious jokes like the ones he worked hard for but it's gunna move him some steps up. I think he can advoid one university or college to get some time. just be where it's really needed

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
Ginamonster wrote:
Charlie,

im not against dat! geez, im just saying, he's not really going anywhere, but staying in the same spot. like gina said, he is trying very very hard to get some new material, but constant work work work doesnt help either, he needs some time away to refresh his mind. i am a fan of dat, but the media isnt focussing on dat anymore as much as they use to, i think because he's gettin old. what he needs is a weekend(2 days) vacation somewhere. there he can enjoy life a bit, and in the process get some new jokes from the vacation, and sure tnhey wont be genious jokes like the ones he worked hard for but it's gunna move him some steps up. I think he can advoid one university or college to get some time. just be where it's really needed
maybe 2 days. Dat does take time off once and a while, but he can't take too much because I'm sure his budget is tight as it is. It can't pay awesome to go from improv to improv, especially with airfare and hotel costs. Dat has written new material, a lot of it on his day off, superbowl sunday. It can take months to revise and improve material. It is very difficult to take time off in show business. Only so much is affordable to your budget and time off has to be booked months in advance. Eventually you will see lots of new and original material. Trust me.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

yoink78 wrote:
Viet_Huy wrote:
Ginamonster wrote:
Charlie,

maybe 2 days. Dat does take time off once and a while, but he can't take too much because I'm sure his budget is tight as it is. It can't pay awesome to go from improv to improv, especially with airfare and hotel costs. Dat has written new material, a lot of it on his day off, superbowl sunday. It can take months to revise and improve material. It is very difficult to take time off in show business. Only so much is affordable to your budget and time off has to be booked months in advance. Eventually you will see lots of new and original material. Trust me.

i never said ne thing about him not trying to get new material, ur all treated me like i'm a CH. im just saying, it would help him a lot fo he took the weekend off. i noe he's busy, i noe he works hard, and i've heared lots about him making new material, but im saying that he can take a weekend off and hollywood wouldnt take their eye off of him as much as they already have. if he takes a vacation and the media finds out, he could be in some newspapers and people would be wondering how he is, and hows he doing. after that they'll have anxiety to see him again.

wuts up silver_lined_lexi ! i grew up on the south side of sacramento. i do think that dat should take a little time off and try to come up with new ideals. i give dat two years if he dont make it big, hes not gonna make it at all. i hope one day he'll be like chris rock or chris tucker!
The Internet King
The Internet King

Well, he doesn't have anything on his calendar for thursday of Friday. Maybe he has those days off. I think he had this past weekend off also. I'm sorry if it looked like I was treating you like a CH person. Embarassed
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

I wasn't trying to attack you! I was just trying to point out that he can't stop now, because you suggested that he get a regular job for a little while (Dat doesn't do well in "regular jobs", trust me). I know you are a Dat fan.