Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dunno if there already is a post on this.
Dat Fan Newbie

Finally there are some Asians on the break. There hasn't been any Asians that I know of, that are not of the martial arts films. I am a fellow Asian. Its great to see a Asian rise amongst the ranks. I am 15, (No, I'm a teen "aZn") My mother loves Dat Phan. He's someone I could relate to. Yeah, yeah, I talk like I'm 42. But I think Dat opened the doors that Asians could do other stuff and be famous for stuff other then martial arts. Oh I'm Vietnamese too!
Dat Phanaholic

I agree that it's good to see Asians on the break. They are really dedicated, sweet, kind people, from my experiences!
Ken Wantanbe is a really good actor, he's Asian- he was in The Last Samuri movie. I love him! You should check him out if you haven't already. I think he's going to be in some comic hero movie..I can't remember which, but I know I saw him in Entertainment weekly.

Anywho, welcome to the forum, hieu!

Yay! A warm welcome! By the way, I also like him because he is funny not only because he is Asian.
Re: Dunno if there already is a post on this.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Hieu wrote:
Finally there are some Asians on the break. There hasn't been any Asians that I know of, that are not of the martial arts films. I am a fellow Asian. Its great to see a Asian rise amongst the ranks. I am 15, (No, I'm a teen "aZn") My mother loves Dat Phan. He's someone I could relate to. Yeah, yeah, I talk like I'm 42. But I think Dat opened the doors that Asians could do other stuff and be famous for stuff other then martial arts. Oh I'm Vietnamese too!

lol just because you used the word "relate" doesnt make you sound like a 42 yr old There are a few numbers of Vietnamese people on this board including me. It would be wise not to get too much asian pride though. Good to have some but dont get too carried away. I did that before and it just doesnt look good.

But let me fix something. Dat Phan did not rise amounst THE ranks. It was a competition in america. Although america is a good country, it is not THE country. Therefore dat phan is on the american ranks of stand up comedy. You know why? because in vietnam they got a different style of comedy and its a whole lot different. Lets see an american rise on that rank of comedy

Im sure around the world vietnamese people have been rising on different ranks as well. As a matter of fact if you do good in school, you're also rising on a rank.

Anyways being vietnamese is great, we invented the bun bo hue!
....But please learn the language very well first before visiting vietnam or else they're going to rip you off on items.
View user's profileFind all posts by Charlie_Send private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Oh yes and welcome to the board!!
View user's profileFind all posts by Charlie_Send private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Welcome Hieu