Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
His Sitcom
Dat Fan in Training

I didn't know where to put this. But I thought this guy was getting a sitcom? Did the pilot bomb, or is he too busy to do it?
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

I think NBC is failing in its obligations. Of course, they could be waiting for Dat to get a few acting roles under his belt before asking him to do a major project.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Fan

Very Happy that would be so cool!!! yea, but hey if Will Smith can get one.. jp will you're cool!

Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

a sitcom was never on the list of prizes, although Dat did pitch one. It did not get picked up, but that happens every day. We all had our fingers crossed though. A contract, which was the main pize, does not mean work, it only means a guarenteed salary for the legnth of the contract and the possibility for work. If NBC does not use Dat to his full potential, that is thier perogitive (even though I don't agree with it)

The Internet King

I remember they were in an early planning stage. Dat Phan's sitcom was even listed in the Dat Phan in Television and Film section of the home page. I believe it was supposed to air in September 2004 or something, but obviously the operation was shut down. NBC was claiming to give the winner a sitcom, but I don't think the claim was guranteed. Dave Mordal received a deal to have his own reality TV show from NBC titled "America's Worst Driver", but just before they were going to film the the first episode, it was also cancelled. Once Dat gets some more acting roles, I think NBC may go through, but not for sure. You never know with NBC. lol.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

It never even went into production. We were hoping that it would (he was very nervous to be pitching to the execs) but they decided that it wasn't what they were looking for at that time. The september date was probably a "if it goes through then this will be when it will air" kind of date.

The Internet King

Ginamonster wrote:
It never even went into production. We were hoping that it would (he was very nervous to be pitching to the execs) but they decided that it wasn't what they were looking for at that time. The september date was probably a "if it goes through then this will be when it will air" kind of date.
Well there's a lot of good new TV shows coming out next season. There's new series that have bigger names than Dat Phan. These TV shows were probably chosen over The Dat Phan Show. Even Rodney Carrington is getting a sitcom. Well we can only hope that someday a network will give Dat an awesome contract.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
His Sitcom